Making a booking
To make a private booking, contact us via the Get in touch page, or phone us directly on 1300 729 190.
How the process works
Once a referral is received or you have made contact directly with Smart Solutions, your OT will:
- Make contact with you personally to arrange a suitable meeting time
At the initial consultation your OT will:
- Perform a thorough initial assessment usually involving a verbal interview but can also involve observation of your environment, current equipment and any tasks that you may be having difficulties with
- In conjunction with you, establish your goals and priorities
- Develop and propose an appropriate treatment plan with agreed on time frames
Your OT will then:
- Work towards your goals in the agreed timeframe.
- This may involve a range of sessions focussing on multiple areas therapy, equipment trials, education, training, meeting/discussion with family and other service providers
At the end of the process your OT will:
- Review the outcomes with you to ensure that your goals have been met
- If you are satisfied with your outcomes, the process will be finished.
- If needing additional services, a new plan may then be developed.
Smart Solutions currently provides services the Sunshine Coast region as far north as Gympie, west to Kenilworth and as far south as Bribie Island.
Service to areas outside of those listed can be provided on request.
A range of funding options are available for Occupational Therapy. Some services require self funding, others can be funded as a part of packaged care options, government services or as a part of private health fund entitlements. Funding assistance is dependent on the request and type of service required.
Further information on funding options can be provided at the time of enquiry for service.
Smart Solutions is open Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm.
Services are provided throughout the year except for Public Holidays.